Thinking About Traveling with your Dog?
3 of our cabins at the resort are dog friendly! (Please no cats or other animals). If you are thinking about traveling with your dog, first please take a look at our pet policy below. Keep scrolling for more information on Pet freindly activities, doggie daycare, and more!
Haymoon Resort Pet Policy:
- Adult dogs only. No cats or other animals.
- Dogs are allowed in North Star, Harvest Moon, and Crescent Moon only and must not go in cabins other than the one they were declared in.
- Your pet must be at least one year old and housebroken.
- $75 nonrefundable fee, maximum of 2 dogs.
- Dogs must be currently on a flea and tick control program and be up to date on vaccinations. Owner must provide proof of current vaccinations, including rabies.
- Pets are not allowed on furniture or beds at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture will incur extra cleaning fees.
- Pets must be well groomed prior to your stay.
- Please keep your dog on a leash at all times when outside. Never leave your dog tied up outside or left alone on a deck.
- You agree to pick up after your pet and dispose of waste properly.
- Pets must not disturb the peace of the neighborhood, barking or howling will not be tolerated.
- You are responsible for ANY pet damage. Should there be any damage, it must be reported DURING your stay, so we can promptly schedule repairs. If your pet causes damage, you agree to pay for repairs. Pet damage is NOT covered by the pet fee or other fees/deposits.
- No bathing the pets in the showers and bathtubs in the house or using guest towels for wiping them down.
- All items above are the sole responsibility of the pet owner. The cabin owners assume no responsibility or illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
- If you or any of your guests bring pets without prior approval the pet fee will be $500 and same rules apply.
Dog Friendly Hiking
Whitefish Trails: The Whitefish Trails System offers tons of options for both hiking and nordic skiing in winter. These trails are dog friendly, so a great option if you like to hike with your dog. Just remember to clean up after your dog and bring extra water! You can check out the map here: Whitefish Trails Map
Herron Park: Herron park is great for hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding and is dog friendly. Just make sure to keep your dog on a leash and be cognizant of horses. See more info here: Herron Park Maps
Jewel Basin: Jewel Basin is another beautiful hiking spot with gorgeous views that also allows leashed dogs on the trail. You can check out more info here: Jewel Basin Trails
Flathead National Forrest